Dining Credit and Rollover Information
Dining Rollover and Credit Update (Updated June 17, 2020)
Who will be eligible for COVID Dining carry forward/rollover?
- Students who purchased a Gold, Silver, or Bronze plan who are returning to KU for fall semester 2020 will have their 2019-20 unused balances rolled over.
- 425 Plans are already automatic rollover plans.
- Students who have dining plans that were provided for them as part of their job or leadership position, including Housing undergraduate staff members, are not eligible to have unused balances rolled over.
- Submit the form here.
How will the Dining rollover work?
- Unused funds will be carried forward and applied to a basic declining balance plan for students whether or not they buy a 2020-21 KU Dining Plan. The balance will be available on the first day of fall residential dining plans in August.
- Students who purchase a dining plan as part of their 2020-21 housing and dining contract will have their 2019-20 rollover balance added to the amount of the plan they purchase for 2020-21.
- KU Dining declining balance plans may be used at any KU Dining location throughout campus, including Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Chick-fil-A, and other retail locations, whether the student lives in KU Student Housing or not for 2020-2021. The declining dining plan will remain active as long as the student is a student at KU.
When will the COVID Dining rollover credit expire?
- This Dining COVID rollover funds will not expire and will remain active as long as a student is enrolled at KU.
What if I am leaving KU?
- Students leaving KU either to graduation or non-enrollment are eligible for a credit equal to the amount of their unused dining plan funds and will need to request their credit by June 30, 2020, to determine eligibility. Submit the form here. (Students still need to also go through the Registrar's withdrawal process in addition to submitting the Dining form.)
Do I need to do anything to have my dining plan rollover to August?
- A COVID-19 Student Financial Relief page will be available through MyKU portal to provide students information regarding their remaining 2019-20 dining declining balance amount. When students return to campus in August, this amount will be loaded on the KU ID and ready for use at any KU Dining venue.
Since I’m not returning to KU in August, how will my credit be processed?
- Deadline for notification of leaving KU is June 30, 2020. Your credit will post to your Student Account within a month. If your account has other charges, it will offset this amount. If there are no further charges, you should receive a refund either by direct deposit or a mailed check. Submit the form here.
- For account questions, please contact Student Accounts & Receivable at email@example.com
I'm returning to KU for 2020-2021 and want to opt for a dining credit instead of a rollover. Is this possible?
- No. Students re-enrolling at KU for 2020-2021 will have their unused declining dollars rolled over and cannot request a credit or refund. Because the declining dining dollars can be used at any KU Dining location, students will be able to use the funds as long as they are a student at KU and will not forfeit any unused dining money.